How about a For Sale forum?

Place items for sale or wanted here in this forum, keep in mind the public will see this but will not be able to reply in the forum only club members.

How about a For Sale forum?

Postby K8CN » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:31 am

I'll lead the way in advance of NEAR-Fest.

I've got a Ten Tec Omni-D (model 546), series B for sale along with its matching Ten Tec model 280 power supply (linear, not switch mode, and it has the front panel ammeter) and connecting power cable. This flavor of Omni covers 160, 80, 40, 30(receive only, but can be modified for TX capability), 20, 15, 10 meters. An optional AUX spot on the band switch allows for addition of 12 meters, but 17 meters is not possible due to the Omni VFO mixing scheme. The Omni-D has the optional 500 Hz crystal filter for CW, but not the optional narrow SSB crystal filter. I re-built the PTO vernier drive mechanism myself in January 2011 and it now tunes very smoothly without slippage or binding. The units are in very good cosmetic and operating condition with all original knobs, minor scratches on the plastic-covered aluminum cases, and I tested the Omni-D transmitter for maximum power output on all bands - it puts out at least 90 watts on each band. I suppose I can take a picture or two of the units for those who are seriously interested. Asking price: $400 for the pair. Please contact me OFF the forum at k8cn(at)arrl(dot)net -thanks!

Mike, K8CN
K8CN

Re: Ten Tec Omni-D, series B

Postby K8CN » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 pm

After several inquiries from afar (Utah!) about whether the Omni-D is still available, I thought I should post a follow-up note indicating that it did sell at Fall 2011 NEAR-Fest thanks to the efforts of Tom, AA1CA on my behalf. Thanks for your interest in the rig.

Mike K8CN
K8CN

Return to For Sale / Wanted